In honor of the Oscars recently, I’ve decided to offer an engineering cinematic trivia contest.
Why an engineering theme?
Well, currently my day job is creating content for a great software company whose customers are engineers for manufacturing industries. So why not?
See if you can guess the movie titles from the descriptions below (provide the years as well):
- Astronomer gets world to build a giant cosmic faster-than-light ship based on a message from space.
- Abandoned astronaut uses science to survive on desolate world while his crew mates figure out how to rescue him.
- American businessman builds largest airplane in the world and kicks off the airline industry while he descends into mental illness.
- Paranoid monarch takes a woman in lieu of tribute to fund building his massive robber-proof tomb.
- Two western men aid the Chinese army in defending their country from an invasion of a horde of supernatural creatures.
The last one is not really about building anything as it simply glorifies a great ancient structure.
In the meantime, Digital Batman’s got you covered with hints for you below!