A pseudo-PSA from Digital Batman.
For most of us in America, we recently celebrated Valentine’s Day on Friday February 14th.
In fact, every February 14 is the venerated holiday celebrating love and friendship.
Though some may view the celebration as a trite “Hallmark Greeting Card” holiday, lot’s of people take it quite seriously.
Here are a few crazy Valentine’s Day stats for you to consider:
- Over $17 Billion dollars (with a B) is spent on this day
- Men spend twice as much money on average than women on this day (~$133 to ~$56)
- More than 145 Million cards are sold on this day (or just before it)
- Over 1/3 of all the fresh flowers in America are sold on this one day!
- Well over 257 Million roses are produced for Valentine’s Day
- Shoppers spent over $707 Million dollars on candy.
- Also, over 6 million people choose to get engaged to be married on this holiday.
- And more than 8 Billion conversation hearts are produced each year (with most purchased for this day)!
It seems to me that we should have Valentine’s Day off from work because too much romance and chocolates might make us very unproductive! LOL!
Anyway, Happy Valentine’s Day to all of you in Digital Gotham!
Now if I can only get Digital Catwoman to stop sending me those creepy conversation hearts…